Ideas to spend a Highland Council grant of £500 on.
Added on 17 January 2021
The SCC has been successful with a £500 grant from the Highland Council to support community resilience during the Covid-19 pandemic. As residents and supporters of the SCC, we want to ask you how best to spend the grant.
The focus is on COVID-19 related community activity, and must be on supporting emergency food, supplies and vulnerable individuals. Examples of support could include:
• supporting local volunteer efforts and expenses
• developing promotional materials
• support for local volunteer telephone systems
• making up food packs for vulnerable households
• developing measures to address social isolation
• providing a source of funding to enable groups to shop for individuals in the community where households no longer have cash available and they cannot source local deliveries
• supporting mental wellbeing in the community, connecting with nature etc
Please let us know your thoughts (via email or in the comments section) on how we might best spend this funding. There may be further funding available in the future to support similar projects.
Please share this post if you can to widen the audience for ideas.